More productivity housekeeping

Yesterday was a good day in terms of productivity across a variety of projects. A new song got recorded out of nowhere. It was just a moment of inspiration that happened to get caught during a session where Pro Tools was recording in the background. During the album generation process I have taken to just recording some of my playing sessions and editing it all after the fact to find the gold from playing in the moment. One of the tactics I have found works best for that is that between pieces I turn the volume down on the guitar to make it visually easy to see in Pro Tools where the different segments of effort stop and start. I’m also trying to work on compositions that are shorter than 10 minutes. Most of the time it seems to be the case that a song falls in that window. It’s possible maybe later on that my jam sessions could end up being 30 minutes of glory, but at the moment that is simply not the case. 

My whiteboard has a few ideas for academic papers on it and at least two of them are promising enough to warrant some future work. My current process for getting writing and academic work done is that my Fitbit Sense smartwatch has a daily alarm setup to vibrate and wake me up around 0520 hours every day. Most of the time I wake up a few minutes before it would vibrate and start my day before anybody else in the house is up and around. This brief window of an hour to an hour and half gives me the time to really focus and get going on some work. 

Obviously, every Saturday morning is dedicated to writing the next addition of The Lindahl Letter newsletter for Substack publication each Friday. It has been a long time since I have been able to work more than a week ahead on that effort. Each week I’m also looking out for topics to add to the running list of planned work on that front. I have actually wondered if next year I should just take the list of 52 topics and start over and rewrite, rework, and refine the previous content to really work toward something special. That might very well be a viable strategy to recursively work on the content making it more ready for publication into a manuscript instead of a weekly missive. 

Using the “Print My Blog” plugin I did a couple of quick prints today to archive off some content in a different way and realized that it was only printing 46 posts now instead of the full content. It was during this process that I noticed that the plugin now has an upgrade option for a set of “Pro Print” features. Online a lot of things have an opportunity to find an audience, but I did not expect that this particular plugin would have a very wide adoption of users that might need professional printing features, but apparently my assumptions on this front were not accurate. 

It’s about time to go through the entire catalog of websites I support online and take captures of them as a tertiary backup plan. Sometimes it makes me feel better to know that multiple types of backup plans are in place in the event of catastrophic failure. That could very well be something that happens later today. I like to take backups that are stored outside of the cloud for some reason and have them in case of a real emergency.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *