Yesterday, I did manage to acquire a few Starbucks espresso pods for my Nespresso Expert machine from Target. A very nice store associate grabbed them from the back of the store for me. They had not been put out on the coffee aisle at the store I visited. About 40 pods came home with me for some scientific research on the effectiveness of caffeine on my day. (Spoiler Alert!) The Starbucks espresso pods were familiar, but not exactly like the Verismo machine version. Keep in mind that I drank the Verismo machine pods on a daily basis for over a year. That flavor profile was a very important part of my day. Imagine every day as the world started to come into focus the first thing that really caught your attention was a fantastic shot of espresso. Ok — you are right it was two shots of espresso. Both were fantastic, but a little bit different. My Nespresso Expert machine is filled with water from a Brita water filter and I clean the machine fairly often. Maybe my expectations of the pure joy of Starbucks espresso got in the way. It was very good, but maybe 70% of what I expected it to be. That remaining 30% of lost joy could easily be a deal breaker. I’m going to keep running this taste test and see what happens after the 40 pods are gone.
Trying out a new Nespresso pod
Nels Lindahl Coffee 1 Minute
Published by Nels Lindahl
IT Director. Author of Graduation with Civic Honors. Avid writer. Tech chaser. Sports card collector. TensorFlow fan. Occasional speaker. Doctor of Philosophy. View all posts by Nels Lindahl